For every 10 minutes of being stuck in the stop-and-go city traffic, it isn’t just your time and patience that gets tested, but it’s also the condition of your Volkswagen – the engine, brakes, tires, fuel, just about anything and everything that gets used or rather overused on a daily basis. Consistently driving in stop-and-go traffic can impact your vehicle’s components more quickly than driving at steady speeds.
But, maintaining your Volkswagen is not just essential but also easy if you make the minimum effort as required, following your schedule at the nearest Volkswagen service centre in Hyderabad.
Short distances, particularly drives can be taxing to your vehicle. During many short trips, your car’s engine doesn’t get enough time to reach normal operating temperature. This can cause harmful deposits to build up over time leading to additional wear of your brake system.
This problem that can be alleviated to some extent by increasing the space cushion between you and the vehicle in front of you when traffic is slow. It’s always advisable to have your brakes promptly inspected at an authorized Volkswagen service center in Hyderabad if you notice any irregularities, such as squealing, grinding or the feeling that your car pulls to one side when coming to a stop.
And if you drive your vehicle mostly in severe conditions or even severe climate like the winters, you should definitely treat it with some extra attention.
Here are a few simple ways you can take care of your Volkswagen and keep it as good as new for a very long time:
- Consider having your oil changed frequently, as recommended in your owner’s manual. Changing your oil every 8000 to 12000 KM is something most people miss out on. While it might not seem that important, it sure is for you to keep your engine revving and in perfect condition.
- Major components should be inspected more often to protect against potential failures and unexpected repairs. Getting your car serviced in every 3 or 4 months from a Volkswagen service center is the key. Keeping a check on the tire pressure, brake pads, air filters, and other mechanical parts is a part of this.
- Proper storage of the car is very important. When not in use, cover your car with covers in your garage to avoid the accumulation of dust and grime.
- It is vital to make sure that fluids (brake, antifreeze, transmission, power steering, and engine oil) are flushed and replaced on a regular basis. How clean your car is a reflection of how clean you are. People can simply look at the interior and exterior of your car and judge how clean you are. Cleaning the interior as well as the exterior of your car once every week can really help in maintaining your Volkswagen. This will save you the cost of getting the expensive leather changed after some time and also give off a good impression of you.
- Even if your Volkswagen goes through a minor accident, don’t overlook the crash. Take it to the nearest Volkswagen service center as soon as you can. This will go a long way in increasing the life of the car and its engine.
Following these few steps and regularly keeping up with your service schedule at a trusted Volkswagen service center in Hyderabad, like the PPS Motors, Hyderabad can help you take care of your Volkswagen. After all, your Volkswagen deserves all the maintenance and care you can