Volkswagen has come out with ‘Digital Workplace’ initiative for all its 121 authorized dealerships spread across 104 cities in India. As part of the new initiative, the personnel at the dealerships will assist the customers to know their cars better by using a digital application. The software will show the competition comparison, vehicle presentation, test-drive registrations, financing solutions and much more.
However, what is more pleasing is the truth that this application will even come helpful for customers whilst going for after-sales services. The initiative has a 6-step process and VW users will get timely updates through SMS about their car at the service station, right from the time the service begins to service ends. Customers post the final service can opt for either driving home their vehicles personally or can ask the dealerships to drop them at their locations.
One of the Volkswagen Service Center Hyderabad said actually this is a good process that benefits the customers. According to the Volkswagen press statement below are the key points of the initiative.
- All 121 dealers across 104 locations will have the Digital Workplace software.
- The initiative is a step towards enhancing and changing the sales and post-sales experience.
- The ‘Digital Workplace’ software will allow advisors towards the 360-degree view, lead capturing, vehicle presentation, competition comparison, research financing answers, and list test-drives in addition to others.
- Customers using the 6-step procedure will get timely updates through SMS about their vehicles at the workstations.
- The application can also be used to tailor-make a customized vehicle or product pamphlet for the customers with chosen features.
- The application even lets technicians enrich the post-sales experience of customers at the service stations by displaying and explaining them the total repair work needed on their vehicles.
Mr. Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars speaking on the launch of the initiative said, “People are at the centre of Volkswagen’s business and with the Digital Workplace initiative, we aim to enhance the sales and after-sales processes as well as digitalize the customer buying experience. As the country moves a step forward with the Digitalize India campaign, this is yet another enterprise to fully integrate our dealerships and provide a premium user experience. It is our endeavor to offer our customers, all of Volkswagen’s services at the comfort and convenience of their homes.”
All the features of the application are installed in Volkswagen’s internal Sales Force portal, letting dealers across the locations to get benefits of it. Very recently I visited Volkswagen service center near me at Suchitra and got complete details after which I felt the initiative is worth it given the brand name the Volkswagen carries in the semi-premium segment.